PM announces ex-gratia for Arunachal fire victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh each to families
of the students who were killed and Rs one lakh each to those
seriously injured in a fire in a hostel in Kurung Kumey
district of Arunachal Pradesh last week.
The amount from the Prime Minister`s National Relief
Fund would be given to the family members of 14 students who
were burnt to death and ten others seriously injured in the
fire, PMO sources said.
The students of Holy Angel Don Bosco School, including
some girls, were killed after a fire swept through a hostel
made of bamboo at Palin area of the district on Thursday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back