PM announces ex-gratia for Arunachal fire victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh each to families
of the students who were killed and Rs one lakh each to those
seriously injured in a fire in a hostel in Kurung Kumey
district of Arunachal Pradesh last week.
The amount from the Prime Minister`s National Relief
Fund would be given to the family members of 14 students who
were burnt to death and ten others seriously injured in the
fire, PMO sources said.
The students of Holy Angel Don Bosco School, including
some girls, were killed after a fire swept through a hostel
made of bamboo at Palin area of the district on Thursday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor