PM announces ex-gratia for Arunachal fire victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh each to families
of the students who were killed and Rs one lakh each to those
seriously injured in a fire in a hostel in Kurung Kumey
district of Arunachal Pradesh last week.
The amount from the Prime Minister`s National Relief
Fund would be given to the family members of 14 students who
were burnt to death and ten others seriously injured in the
fire, PMO sources said.
The students of Holy Angel Don Bosco School, including
some girls, were killed after a fire swept through a hostel
made of bamboo at Palin area of the district on Thursday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why