PM assures Manipur delegation of territorial integrity
Imphal: The Centre will not compromise on Manipur`s territorial integrity while working out a `peace package` with the NSCN-IM.
"Assurance that the territorial boundary of Manipur would not be compromised has been given earlier and I give the same now," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said to an all-party delegation from Manipur on Thursday.
The 15-member delegation led by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh placed three points before the Prime Minister during the meeting - protection of state territory, handing over an NSCN-IM cadre, who allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress in state`s Chandel district and introduction of inner line permit system to protect the identity of Manipuris, said the delegation members in Delhi when contacted on Friday.
"The Prime Minister condemned the alleged molestation of the film actress in public view by NSCN-IM cadre Livingstone Anal during a musical concert and said action would be taken to arrest Anal and hand him over to state authorities," two senior delegation members - M Nara, CPI state unit secretary and S Tikendra, BJP state unit vice president said.
Anal could not be arrested immediately by Manipur government since NSCN-IM was involved in peace talks with the Centre, official sources had earlier said.
The Prime Minister also said he would instruct relevant authorities to remove NSCN-IM camps, if any, from Manipur territory since ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM was not in force in Manipur but only in Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof