PM assures Manipur delegation of territorial integrity
Imphal: The Centre will not compromise on Manipur`s territorial integrity while working out a `peace package` with the NSCN-IM.
"Assurance that the territorial boundary of Manipur would not be compromised has been given earlier and I give the same now," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said to an all-party delegation from Manipur on Thursday.
The 15-member delegation led by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh placed three points before the Prime Minister during the meeting - protection of state territory, handing over an NSCN-IM cadre, who allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress in state`s Chandel district and introduction of inner line permit system to protect the identity of Manipuris, said the delegation members in Delhi when contacted on Friday.
"The Prime Minister condemned the alleged molestation of the film actress in public view by NSCN-IM cadre Livingstone Anal during a musical concert and said action would be taken to arrest Anal and hand him over to state authorities," two senior delegation members - M Nara, CPI state unit secretary and S Tikendra, BJP state unit vice president said.
Anal could not be arrested immediately by Manipur government since NSCN-IM was involved in peace talks with the Centre, official sources had earlier said.
The Prime Minister also said he would instruct relevant authorities to remove NSCN-IM camps, if any, from Manipur territory since ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM was not in force in Manipur but only in Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers