PM defers visit to Nagaland, Tripura
Kohima/Agartala: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his visit to Nagaland and Tripura to campaign for the Congress in the assembly elections slated for February 23 and February 14 respectively.
Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) president S I Jamir told PTI that the proposed visit of the Prime Minister to Kohima has been deferred but could not confirm the date of his next visit.
Congress sources here also said that the proposed visit of All India Congress Committee (AICC) vice president Rahul Gandhi to Mon and Tuensang districts of the state on February 14 has also not been confirmed as of date.
NPCC which has been in the opposition for the last one decade is trying hard to woo the electorate by bringing in several central leaders.
AICC president Sonia Gandhi visited the state yesterday to campaign for the Congress in Mokokchung and Dimapur districts asserting that once brought to power her party would work towards settlement of the Naga political problem at the earliest.
She accused the ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) led Democratic Alliance of misgovernance and siphoning of huge amount of central funds for the development of the state.
Meanwhile, a report from Tripura also said the Prime Minister had deferred his visit scheduled for tomorrow to the state.
State Congress sources said the visit had been deferred due to the PM`s other preoccupations. Assembly polls will be held in Tripura on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli