PM defers visit to Nagaland, Tripura
Kohima/Agartala: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his visit to Nagaland and Tripura to campaign for the Congress in the assembly elections slated for February 23 and February 14 respectively.
Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) president S I Jamir told PTI that the proposed visit of the Prime Minister to Kohima has been deferred but could not confirm the date of his next visit.
Congress sources here also said that the proposed visit of All India Congress Committee (AICC) vice president Rahul Gandhi to Mon and Tuensang districts of the state on February 14 has also not been confirmed as of date.
NPCC which has been in the opposition for the last one decade is trying hard to woo the electorate by bringing in several central leaders.
AICC president Sonia Gandhi visited the state yesterday to campaign for the Congress in Mokokchung and Dimapur districts asserting that once brought to power her party would work towards settlement of the Naga political problem at the earliest.
She accused the ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) led Democratic Alliance of misgovernance and siphoning of huge amount of central funds for the development of the state.
Meanwhile, a report from Tripura also said the Prime Minister had deferred his visit scheduled for tomorrow to the state.
State Congress sources said the visit had been deferred due to the PM`s other preoccupations. Assembly polls will be held in Tripura on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city