PM, Sonia and Rahul to campaign for Congress in Mizoram
Aizawl: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would campaign for the party in Mizoram ahead of the state Assembly Election, scheduled for November 25.
All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary Luizinho Faleiro told reporters that Sonia would come on November 18 and visit south Mizoram`s Lunglei town, while Rahul would visit the state on November 21 and addresses rallies in Mizoram-Myanmar border Champhai town and Mizoram-Assam border Kolasib town.
The detailed programme of the Prime Minister was yet to be finalised, Faleiro said.
When asked whether the three leaders would address rallies chaired by the local forums of the Mizoram People`s Forum (MPF), he said that they would have to be taken care of as per the norms of the Special Protection Group (SPG).
In an agreement inked by the MPF, the church-sponsored election watchdog, all the political parties agreed that all rallies and meetings would be chaired by the MPF leaders.
There was severe criticism against the Congress leaders including Singh, Sonia and Rahul as they did not follow the norms of the MPF during the 2008 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why