PM, Sonia could pay last respects to AP CM Khandu
Itanagar: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi
and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh could arrive to pay
their last respects to Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee
Khandu, DoNER Minister B K Handique said on Wednesday.
Handique told reporters here that they were being
apprised of developments from time to time and might arrive
here honouring the sentiments of the state’s people.
Asked about new the leadership, he said the party
leaders were aware of it and the decision would be announced
at the appropriate time.
Meanwhile, the Crisis Management Committee began
preparations began here for receiving Khandu’s body.
The committee headed by principal secretary to the
chief minister Yeshi Tsering was constituted to supervise
rescue and search operation for Khandu`s chopper that went
missing on Saturday with four others also on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India