PM, Sonia could pay last respects to AP CM Khandu
Itanagar: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi
and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh could arrive to pay
their last respects to Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee
Khandu, DoNER Minister B K Handique said on Wednesday.
Handique told reporters here that they were being
apprised of developments from time to time and might arrive
here honouring the sentiments of the state’s people.
Asked about new the leadership, he said the party
leaders were aware of it and the decision would be announced
at the appropriate time.
Meanwhile, the Crisis Management Committee began
preparations began here for receiving Khandu’s body.
The committee headed by principal secretary to the
chief minister Yeshi Tsering was constituted to supervise
rescue and search operation for Khandu`s chopper that went
missing on Saturday with four others also on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him