PM, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi to visit Tripura for campaign
Agartala: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Tripura this week to campaign for the Congress for the February 14 Assembly election.
Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said, the Prime Minister will arrive here on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of the Dhalai district to address an election rally.
Sonia Gandhi will arrive here on the following day to address a public rally in Agartala, before returning on the same day, he said.
Rahul Gandhi will arrive on February 8 and is scheduled to address three election rallies in three districts on the same day.
"Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in Sonamura subdivisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia subdivisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," Biswas said.
Meanwhile, two teams of Special Protection Guards (SPG) have already scrutinised the security arrangements in Agartala airport and the proposed sites of the rallies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?