PM, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi to visit Tripura for campaign
Agartala: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Tripura this week to campaign for the Congress for the February 14 Assembly election.
Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said, the Prime Minister will arrive here on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of the Dhalai district to address an election rally.
Sonia Gandhi will arrive here on the following day to address a public rally in Agartala, before returning on the same day, he said.
Rahul Gandhi will arrive on February 8 and is scheduled to address three election rallies in three districts on the same day.
"Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in Sonamura subdivisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia subdivisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," Biswas said.
Meanwhile, two teams of Special Protection Guards (SPG) have already scrutinised the security arrangements in Agartala airport and the proposed sites of the rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love