PM, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi to visit Tripura for campaign
Agartala: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Tripura this week to campaign for the Congress for the February 14 Assembly election.
Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said, the Prime Minister will arrive here on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of the Dhalai district to address an election rally.
Sonia Gandhi will arrive here on the following day to address a public rally in Agartala, before returning on the same day, he said.
Rahul Gandhi will arrive on February 8 and is scheduled to address three election rallies in three districts on the same day.
"Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in Sonamura subdivisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia subdivisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," Biswas said.
Meanwhile, two teams of Special Protection Guards (SPG) have already scrutinised the security arrangements in Agartala airport and the proposed sites of the rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation