PM speaks to Sikkim CM again to promise help
New Delhi: As the extent of damage caused by
Sunday`s earthquake in Sikkim unfolded gradually, Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh spoke to Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling again on Tuesday to assure him that the Centre would do
everything needed to deal with the situation.
Singh also called a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on
Political Affairs tonight to take stock of the situation and
discuss ways to help the state, PMO sources said.
The Prime Minister`s telephonic talk with Chamling was
the second since the powerful quake had struck Sikkim on
The Centre swung into action soon after the quake,
rushing relief and medical teams to the state.
Singh has also announced ex-gratia relief of Rs two lakh
for the kin of those killed in the quake and Rs one lakh for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'