PM urged to develop roads along border in Arunachal
Itanagar: Three MPs from Arunachal Pradesh have requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to ensure improved surface connectivity along the Sino-Indian border, particularly in the Chaglagam sector of the state.
Fixing a deadline for completion of all on-going road projects is imperative, Lok Sabha members Ninong Ering, Takam Sanjoy and Rajya Sabha member Mukut Mithi said in a letter to the Prime Minister yesterday.
"Development of all-weather roads to connect small villages is also a necessity," said the letter released to the press this morning.
"We need not reemphasise the role of these villagers as sentinels of the nation in our border areas," they said.
They also urged for constituting a committee under the PMO to study the problems of villagers in border areas and suggest ways and means to provide basic amenities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses