PM urged to develop roads along border in Arunachal
Itanagar: Three MPs from Arunachal Pradesh have requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to ensure improved surface connectivity along the Sino-Indian border, particularly in the Chaglagam sector of the state.
Fixing a deadline for completion of all on-going road projects is imperative, Lok Sabha members Ninong Ering, Takam Sanjoy and Rajya Sabha member Mukut Mithi said in a letter to the Prime Minister yesterday.
"Development of all-weather roads to connect small villages is also a necessity," said the letter released to the press this morning.
"We need not reemphasise the role of these villagers as sentinels of the nation in our border areas," they said.
They also urged for constituting a committee under the PMO to study the problems of villagers in border areas and suggest ways and means to provide basic amenities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA