Poachers arrested from Dibang wildlife sanctuary
Itanagar: A gang of poachers have been arrested by forest officials in Arunachal Pradesh from Dibang Wild life Sanctuary in Dibang Valley district, police said
A team of Wildlife Protection Force led by divisional forest officer Umesh Kumar of Mehao Wild Life Sanctuary, Roing in Lower Dibang Valley district arrested three poachers from Dambeun area, officials said here today.
While one poacher was caught on the spot, the others were arrested after an exhausting chase of over four hours in thick jungles.
The arrested poachers namely Ramphal, Jagdish and Ramdas who hail from Haryana, were camping in the area for days together, they said.
Fifteen otter skin and three iron traps were seized from their possession, the sources said.
As per the Wildlife Protection Act 1972, Otter belongs to endangered species under Schedule-I.
The poachers were wanted in many wildlife cases in other parts of the country as well.
The gang reportedly has a vast network in several parts of the country, they said.
They were remanded to seven-day police custody after they were produced before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad