Police arrest 37 encroachers along Assam-Nagaland border
Diphu: The police have arrested 37 people suspected to be encroachers and seized a vehicle on Monday along the Assam-Nagaland border in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district.
A group of encroachers from Nagaland had allegedly entered Doldoli Reserve forest under Dhansiri police station with a bid to settle there, police said.
The encroachers allegedly set ablaze a thatched house before the police rushed to the area and took 37 of them into custody and seized the vehicle.
Security along the border has been stepped up to prevent further incidents of encroachment, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed