Police arrest 37 encroachers along Assam-Nagaland border
Diphu: The police have arrested 37 people suspected to be encroachers and seized a vehicle on Monday along the Assam-Nagaland border in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district.
A group of encroachers from Nagaland had allegedly entered Doldoli Reserve forest under Dhansiri police station with a bid to settle there, police said.
The encroachers allegedly set ablaze a thatched house before the police rushed to the area and took 37 of them into custody and seized the vehicle.
Security along the border has been stepped up to prevent further incidents of encroachment, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you