Police finds abandoned body of newborn in Itanagar
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police have found the body of a newborn dumped on a heap of trash under a culvert near NH-52, just a kilometre away from Ruksin town in East Siang district.
The one-day-old body of a baby boy was found yesterday wrapped in a polythene bag and a clip with cotton attached to it, which is generally used in nursing homes during birth, the police said here today.
The body was taken to the Ruksin medical for postmortem.
On due clearance from the magistrate, the baby was buried by the police.
A case has been registered at Ruksin police station and investigation launched against the unknown mother.
It appeared to be a case of illicit child and the mother didn’t want the baby, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal