Police finds abandoned body of newborn in Itanagar
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police have found the body of a newborn dumped on a heap of trash under a culvert near NH-52, just a kilometre away from Ruksin town in East Siang district.
The one-day-old body of a baby boy was found yesterday wrapped in a polythene bag and a clip with cotton attached to it, which is generally used in nursing homes during birth, the police said here today.
The body was taken to the Ruksin medical for postmortem.
On due clearance from the magistrate, the baby was buried by the police.
A case has been registered at Ruksin police station and investigation launched against the unknown mother.
It appeared to be a case of illicit child and the mother didn’t want the baby, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'