Police firing injures three in Assam
Diphu: Two policemen were injured
in a mob attack in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district which led to
police firing that injured three youths on Tuesday.
The police said while protesting against the death of
a youth by an auto rickshaw at Bokoliaghat last night, local
people set ablaze an auto rickshaw and pelted stones seriously
injuring policemen Hemant Timung and J Bordoloi.
The mob also took away the service revolver of Timung.
The police fired to disperse the mob and three youths
were injured in the firing, the sources said.
District Superintendent of Police Anurag Agarwalla
went to the spot and brought the situation under control.
Seven persons were arrested, the sources said.
Timung was shifted to Guwahati Medical College
Hospital while Bordoloi and the three injured youths were
admitted to Diphu Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened