Police officer convicted in Tripura
Agartala: A police officer has been convicted for breach of trust and negligence in a 2009 forgery case by a local court in Tripura, with the quantum of punishment to be announced on June 27.
Superintendent of Police Manik Lal Majumder, who was posted as Additional SP in 2009 and currently at the headquarters, was found guilty by Additional Sessions Judge, West Tripura district, Kripankar Chakraborty yesterday.
Majumdar had destroyed documents of the forgery case against a food department employee in that year.
The quantum of punishment would be announced on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday