Police open fire to disperse clashing groups
Udalguri (Assam): Police opened fire to
disperse two groups which clashed over a piece of land in
Assam`s Udalguri district on Monday.
Official sources said there was tension in the
area since the early hours over the disputed land and the
As police reached the spot both groups attacked the
policemen with stones.
The police then weilded its batons to disperse the
crowd but the mob continued to pelt stones and injured some
At this police blank fired to disperse the mob, some
of whom received minor injuries.
The situation is now under control but tension
continues to prevail in the area, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'