Police open fire to disperse clashing groups
Udalguri (Assam): Police opened fire to
disperse two groups which clashed over a piece of land in
Assam`s Udalguri district on Monday.
Official sources said there was tension in the
area since the early hours over the disputed land and the
As police reached the spot both groups attacked the
policemen with stones.
The police then weilded its batons to disperse the
crowd but the mob continued to pelt stones and injured some
At this police blank fired to disperse the mob, some
of whom received minor injuries.
The situation is now under control but tension
continues to prevail in the area, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!