Political parties urged not to use insurgents in Mizoram poll
Aizawl: A conglomerate of 14 major churches in the state today appealed to all political parties and outfits not to use insurgents and armed groups in influencing voters in the forthcoming assembly polls.
Voters should be allowed to exercise their free will and choice in the polls and political parties should refrain from intimidation, cheating and distribution of money by armed groups, Mizoram Kohhran Hruaitute Committee said in a statement here.
"We want the new government to work without fear or favour and also not to show special favour to any single church or organisation," it said.
Mizoram goes to poll on December 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly