Poll grievances committee constituted in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Electoral Officer
Hemanta Narzary on Friday constituted a three-member grievances
committee to look into all election related complaints during
the coming assembly polls.
The three-member committee will entertain complaints or
grievances of all political parties, candidates or any other
persons in regard to the decision to grant or refuse
certification of an advertisement of political nature,
official sources said.
The committee comprises of the Assam chief electoral
officer as the chairperson, an observer appointed by the
Election Commission and the Director of Field Publicity,
Assam, Government of India.
Assembly polls in Assam will be held in two phases with
62 constituencies going to polls on April 4 and the remaining
64 on April 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly