Polling begins on brisk note in BTC areas
Guwahati: Polling began on a brisk note for the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) election in lower Assam Friday as people thronged the polling stations in large numbers braving inclement weather since seven am.
Official sources said there are 2,685 polling stations in the 40-member council which has a total electorate of 18,40,000. A total of 196 candidates are in the fray.
The ruling Bodo Peoples Front (BPF) has fielded candidates for all the seats while the main opposition Bodo Peoples Preogressive Front (BPPF) is contesting 23 seats.
Counting of votes will be taken up on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?