Post quake Sikkim to explore other funding sources
Gangtok: The Sikkim government would explore
alternative source of funding from financial institutions like
Asian Development Bank and WB in the interest of the victims
of the last month`s earthquake, Chief Minister Pawan Chamling
said on Monday.
"Besides the thousand crores announced by the Prime
Minister, it is very much within the prerogative of the state
to go in for alternative source of funding such as from ADB,
World Bank etc for rebuilding the state infrastructure and
help the victims of the tremor," Chamling said.
Th chief minister was addressing at the `Rastriya
Sankalpa Diwas` function organised at Chintan Bhawan, Gangtok.
"We have a great responsibility ahead. We should work
for 24 hours for the state. Instead of making complaints on
various issues, we must re-dedicate ourselves for the cause of
the state," Chamling said.
Turning to the condition of the highways in the state,
the chief minister said the government is often blamed for the
condition of roads, though these were under the Boarder Road
"Altogether 873 km of road in the state is under the BRO
but often the state government is unnecessary blamed for its
poor condition," he said.
The CM said he had urged the Centre to construct tunnel
for roadways in hilly terrain region which will be beneficial
in various ways.
Chamling said the state is working on sectors like
tourism, hydro-power, organic farming which will trigger the
economic uplift of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark