Post quake Sikkim to explore other funding sources
Gangtok: The Sikkim government would explore
alternative source of funding from financial institutions like
Asian Development Bank and WB in the interest of the victims
of the last month`s earthquake, Chief Minister Pawan Chamling
said on Monday.
"Besides the thousand crores announced by the Prime
Minister, it is very much within the prerogative of the state
to go in for alternative source of funding such as from ADB,
World Bank etc for rebuilding the state infrastructure and
help the victims of the tremor," Chamling said.
Th chief minister was addressing at the `Rastriya
Sankalpa Diwas` function organised at Chintan Bhawan, Gangtok.
"We have a great responsibility ahead. We should work
for 24 hours for the state. Instead of making complaints on
various issues, we must re-dedicate ourselves for the cause of
the state," Chamling said.
Turning to the condition of the highways in the state,
the chief minister said the government is often blamed for the
condition of roads, though these were under the Boarder Road
"Altogether 873 km of road in the state is under the BRO
but often the state government is unnecessary blamed for its
poor condition," he said.
The CM said he had urged the Centre to construct tunnel
for roadways in hilly terrain region which will be beneficial
in various ways.
Chamling said the state is working on sectors like
tourism, hydro-power, organic farming which will trigger the
economic uplift of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena way ahead of BJP, leading in 40 seats