Power restored at North Eastern Hill University
Shillong: Power was partially restored at the North Eastern Hill University here on Thursday after a severe power crisis for more than 72 hours.
"Power was restored partially at around 3 am," A N Rai NEHU Vice-chancellor said.
The university has been left with no power except for a few gen-set running in the expensive laboratories in the university since Sunday afternoon when lightning struck its main power station.
The damage was so severe that the 3 MW transformer had to be taken to Tinsukia in Assam for repair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing