Power restored at North Eastern Hill University
Shillong: Power was partially restored at the North Eastern Hill University here on Thursday after a severe power crisis for more than 72 hours.
"Power was restored partially at around 3 am," A N Rai NEHU Vice-chancellor said.
The university has been left with no power except for a few gen-set running in the expensive laboratories in the university since Sunday afternoon when lightning struck its main power station.
The damage was so severe that the 3 MW transformer had to be taken to Tinsukia in Assam for repair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report