Power restored at North Eastern Hill University
Shillong: Power was partially restored at the North Eastern Hill University here on Thursday after a severe power crisis for more than 72 hours.
"Power was restored partially at around 3 am," A N Rai NEHU Vice-chancellor said.
The university has been left with no power except for a few gen-set running in the expensive laboratories in the university since Sunday afternoon when lightning struck its main power station.
The damage was so severe that the 3 MW transformer had to be taken to Tinsukia in Assam for repair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city