Power restored at North Eastern Hill University
Shillong: Power was partially restored at the North Eastern Hill University here on Thursday after a severe power crisis for more than 72 hours.
"Power was restored partially at around 3 am," A N Rai NEHU Vice-chancellor said.
The university has been left with no power except for a few gen-set running in the expensive laboratories in the university since Sunday afternoon when lightning struck its main power station.
The damage was so severe that the 3 MW transformer had to be taken to Tinsukia in Assam for repair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you