Power transmission tower damaged in IED blast
Sibsagar (Assam): An improvised explosive
device (IED) allegedly planted by anti-talk faction of ULFA
exploded at Borpathar in Assam`s Sibsagar district on Sunday,
damaging a power transmission tower of NEEPCO.
Police said three IEDs, weighing nearly a kg, were
planted on the power transmission tower and one of them
exploded this morning damaging the tower.
The other two IEDs were later defused by the army bomb
squad, the police said.
The tower transmits electricity from Assam Power
Generation Corporation Limited`s Lakwa Thermal Power Station
(LTPS) at nearby Maibella.
The police suspect ULFA anti-talk faction had caused
the explosion to threaten the pro-talk faction of the outfit
chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, who hails from the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband