Powerful bomb explodes, BTC members escape unhurt
Guwahati: A powerful bomb, suspected to have
been planted by NDFB militants, exploded minutes after the
convoy of two Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) members
crossed a bridge in Chirang district along the Indo-Bhutan
border this morning, police said here.
There was no report of casualty or injury, they said.
According to the police, the remote-control operated bomb
was kept under a wooden bridge in remote Goylong Bazaar area
under Bijni subdivision and it exploded immediately after the
convoy of BTC members James Basumatary and Doney Goyary
Senior police and civil officials have rushed to the
spot, they added.
The police suspects the hand of NDFB behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues