Powerful bomb explodes, BTC members escape unhurt
Guwahati: A powerful bomb, suspected to have
been planted by NDFB militants, exploded minutes after the
convoy of two Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) members
crossed a bridge in Chirang district along the Indo-Bhutan
border this morning, police said here.
There was no report of casualty or injury, they said.
According to the police, the remote-control operated bomb
was kept under a wooden bridge in remote Goylong Bazaar area
under Bijni subdivision and it exploded immediately after the
convoy of BTC members James Basumatary and Doney Goyary
Senior police and civil officials have rushed to the
spot, they added.
The police suspects the hand of NDFB behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing