Powerful bomb explodes near Imphal airport
Imphal: A powerful bomb on Sunday went off at Tiddim ground near Imphal airport here, seconds after Army personnel in trucks passed the area.
Official sources said the bomb, an improvised explosive device allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, went off at around 1:00 pm.
They said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
The officer-in-charge of nearby Kwakeithel police station accompanied by police force went to the area soon after the explosion and started a combing operation. No arrest was made.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail
- Modi govt more active on grievance mails: Know how it is helping in improving govt schemes
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads, timber mafia's involvement suspected
- Injury Scare: Adam Voges hit on head during county match, rushed to hospital
- Watch: Mysterious rainbow ring spotted around the sun in Kolkata!