Powerful bomb explodes near Imphal airport
Imphal: A powerful bomb on Sunday went off at Tiddim ground near Imphal airport here, seconds after Army personnel in trucks passed the area.
Official sources said the bomb, an improvised explosive device allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, went off at around 1:00 pm.
They said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
The officer-in-charge of nearby Kwakeithel police station accompanied by police force went to the area soon after the explosion and started a combing operation. No arrest was made.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets