Powerful bomb found in Manipur
Imphal: A powerful improvised explosive device (IED), which was planted at a roadside, was found at Lamlai area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Friday.
Sources said the bomb with a remote controlled device was detected by a patrol party of police and 30th Assam Rifles personnel yesterday, adding that it was planted by the militants to attack security and police personnel.
Sources said security personnel frequently passed through the area because some militant outfits were operating at the nearby hills.
The bomb was later exploded by police bomb experts at a safe place, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh