Powerful bomb recovered on railway tracks in Assam
Tezpur: A powerful bomb was recovered by security forces on the railway tracks near Pasnoi bridge in lower Assam`s Darrang district Thursday.
The bomb was recovered during stepped up combing operations for explosives in view of three blasts by NDFB militants on railway tracks in Assam.
The unexploded IED has been taken to Mazbat police station where it will be defused, police said.
Rail traffic has been disrupted in the region after the bomb was recovered and two passenger trains have been stranded between Hagrajuli in Sonitpur district and Mazbat in Darrang district, official sources said.
NDFB militants blasted rail tracks in Kokrajhar district this morning, which led to the derailment of the Kolkata-bound Garibrath Express.
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA