Powerful bomb recovered on railway tracks in Assam
Tezpur: A powerful bomb was recovered by security forces on the railway tracks near Pasnoi bridge in lower Assam`s Darrang district Thursday.
The bomb was recovered during stepped up combing operations for explosives in view of three blasts by NDFB militants on railway tracks in Assam.
The unexploded IED has been taken to Mazbat police station where it will be defused, police said.
Rail traffic has been disrupted in the region after the bomb was recovered and two passenger trains have been stranded between Hagrajuli in Sonitpur district and Mazbat in Darrang district, official sources said.
NDFB militants blasted rail tracks in Kokrajhar district this morning, which led to the derailment of the Kolkata-bound Garibrath Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf