Powerful bomb recovered on railway tracks in Assam
Tezpur: A powerful bomb was recovered by security forces on the railway tracks near Pasnoi bridge in lower Assam`s Darrang district Thursday.
The bomb was recovered during stepped up combing operations for explosives in view of three blasts by NDFB militants on railway tracks in Assam.
The unexploded IED has been taken to Mazbat police station where it will be defused, police said.
Rail traffic has been disrupted in the region after the bomb was recovered and two passenger trains have been stranded between Hagrajuli in Sonitpur district and Mazbat in Darrang district, official sources said.
NDFB militants blasted rail tracks in Kokrajhar district this morning, which led to the derailment of the Kolkata-bound Garibrath Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees