Powerful bomb recovered on railway tracks in Assam
Tezpur: A powerful bomb was recovered by security forces on the railway tracks near Pasnoi bridge in lower Assam`s Darrang district Thursday.
The bomb was recovered during stepped up combing operations for explosives in view of three blasts by NDFB militants on railway tracks in Assam.
The unexploded IED has been taken to Mazbat police station where it will be defused, police said.
Rail traffic has been disrupted in the region after the bomb was recovered and two passenger trains have been stranded between Hagrajuli in Sonitpur district and Mazbat in Darrang district, official sources said.
NDFB militants blasted rail tracks in Kokrajhar district this morning, which led to the derailment of the Kolkata-bound Garibrath Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users