Powerful bomb recovered on railway tracks in Assam
Tezpur: A powerful bomb was recovered by security forces on the railway tracks near Pasnoi bridge in lower Assam`s Darrang district Thursday.
The bomb was recovered during stepped up combing operations for explosives in view of three blasts by NDFB militants on railway tracks in Assam.
The unexploded IED has been taken to Mazbat police station where it will be defused, police said.
Rail traffic has been disrupted in the region after the bomb was recovered and two passenger trains have been stranded between Hagrajuli in Sonitpur district and Mazbat in Darrang district, official sources said.
NDFB militants blasted rail tracks in Kokrajhar district this morning, which led to the derailment of the Kolkata-bound Garibrath Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning
- Jain temple in Ujjain restrains entry of girls wearing jeans, skirts