PPA announces CM candidate for 2014 Assembly polls in Arunachal
Itanagar: The People`s Party of Arunachal has announced Laeta Umbrey, a popular leader and sitting MLA, as the party`s chief ministerial candidate for the 2014 Assembly elections.
PPA Working Committee chairman Kamen Ringu officially declared Umbrey as the PPA?s chief ministerial candidate for the 2014 polls here yesterday.
"The unanimous decision was taken at a party core committee meeting recently," he said.
Umbrey said, "We all must work together and I am confident that we will be able to dethrone the ruling Congress, which has ruled the state for last 38 years."
Assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh are due in October next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it