PPA formally expels 4 MLAs after they join Cong
Itanagar: Over a month after they joined
ruling Congress, the People’s Party of Arunacha (PPA) on Tuesday
announced having expelled all the four MLAs from the party for
a period of six years.
MLAs Phurpa Tsering of Dirang constituency, Kumsi
Sidisow (Thrizino-Buragaon), Takam Pario (Palin) and Markio
Tado (Tali) have been expelled due to anti-party activities
and breach of party discipline, a PPA release said here
All the four legislators quit en-bloc on Dec 27 last
year to join the Congress, thus taking the strength of the
Congress in the state to 46 in the 60-member assembly.
The joining of PPA MLAs had been officially announced
by Speaker Wanglin Lowangdong under the provisions of the
Tenth Schedule of Constitution and Members of Arunachal
Pradesh Legislative Assembly (Disqualification on Ground
Defection) Rules, 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday