PPA formally expels 4 MLAs after they join Cong
Itanagar: Over a month after they joined
ruling Congress, the People’s Party of Arunacha (PPA) on Tuesday
announced having expelled all the four MLAs from the party for
a period of six years.
MLAs Phurpa Tsering of Dirang constituency, Kumsi
Sidisow (Thrizino-Buragaon), Takam Pario (Palin) and Markio
Tado (Tali) have been expelled due to anti-party activities
and breach of party discipline, a PPA release said here
All the four legislators quit en-bloc on Dec 27 last
year to join the Congress, thus taking the strength of the
Congress in the state to 46 in the 60-member assembly.
The joining of PPA MLAs had been officially announced
by Speaker Wanglin Lowangdong under the provisions of the
Tenth Schedule of Constitution and Members of Arunachal
Pradesh Legislative Assembly (Disqualification on Ground
Defection) Rules, 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post