PPA formally expels 4 MLAs after they join Cong
Itanagar: Over a month after they joined
ruling Congress, the People’s Party of Arunacha (PPA) on Tuesday
announced having expelled all the four MLAs from the party for
a period of six years.
MLAs Phurpa Tsering of Dirang constituency, Kumsi
Sidisow (Thrizino-Buragaon), Takam Pario (Palin) and Markio
Tado (Tali) have been expelled due to anti-party activities
and breach of party discipline, a PPA release said here
All the four legislators quit en-bloc on Dec 27 last
year to join the Congress, thus taking the strength of the
Congress in the state to 46 in the 60-member assembly.
The joining of PPA MLAs had been officially announced
by Speaker Wanglin Lowangdong under the provisions of the
Tenth Schedule of Constitution and Members of Arunachal
Pradesh Legislative Assembly (Disqualification on Ground
Defection) Rules, 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!