PPA MLAs join Congress in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: In a significant political
development all four legislators of Peoples Party of Arunachal
(PPA) merged with Congress giving a boost to the ruling party
in this north eastern state.
The merger was announced today by Speaker Wanglin
Lowangdong in a decision as per the provision of the Tenth
Schedule of Constitution and Members of Arunachal Pradesh
Legislative Assembly (Disqualification on Ground Defection)
The four PPA MLAs are Phurpa Tsering (Dirang), Kumsi
Sidisow (Thrizino-Buragaon), Takam Pario (Palin) and Markio
Tado (Tali) merged with the Congress late last night, party
With this the strength of Congress in the 60-member
assembly has increased to 46, while NCP and Trinamool Congress
have 5 each, BJP 3 and a lone Independent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference