PPA terms rally as `two decades of Congress mis-governance`
Itanagar: The People’s Party of Arunachal (PPA) has termed the state government`s proposed Vikas Rally `a reflection of over two decades of mis-governance in the state by the Congress.`
The party in a statement today demanded that the Congress own up responsibility for the backwardness and lawlessness of the state.
PPA president Nikh Kamin criticized the state government for the `pseudo devolution of power` to the panchayat and municipal bodies of the state.
"The matter of devolving power to the panchayats under the 29 subjects would remain on paper as long `as the policymakers are from the Congress party`," he said .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown