PPA to demand ownership rights to people of Arunachal
Itanagar: The People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA) will launch a mass movement across the state to demand ownership rights of the people of Arunachal Pradesh over their natural and cultural resources.
The decision was taken following a discussion at the party`s headquarters here today, party president Nikh Kamin informed in a statement.
"Unlike Nagaland, which has been given special status and control over its cultural and land resources under Article 371 (A), Arunachal has been deprived of similar rights," he said.
"Arunachal is placed under Article 371 (H) wherein the rich resources of the state, including its jungles, land and culture, do not belong to the Arunachalees but to the Centre," Kamin added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends