Presbyterian Church for stringent action against gays
Aizawl: Unimpressed by the Delhi High
Court`s recent ruling decriminalising homosexuality, Synod,
the highest authoritative assembly of the powerful Mizoram
Presbyterian Church, has decided to amend its Canons to take
more stringent action against gay members.
The five-day Synod, concluded last night at the Mission
Vengthlang Church, appointed the Synod Executive Committee to
draft the amendment to the Church Canons on the issue.
Guidelines of the Presbyterian Church on marriages termed
homosexuals as those who committed adultery and could be
suspended for three years as punishment.
A survey conducted by the Church recently on 130 local
churches revealed that there are 31 lesbian couples and one
gay couple among the church members.
The Church held that homosexuality is against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire