President accepts Tripura CM`s invitation
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the invitation of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar to visit the state, official sources said Tuesday.
The Chief Minister called on the President at Rashtrpati Bhavan yesterday and invited him to visit Tripura. The President accepted the invitation saying he would visit the state at his convenience, official sources said.
Sarkar also took up the matter of connectivity with Bangladesh during his parley with Mukherjee, who replied that he would do whatever he could in his present role for improving connectivity with the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!