President accepts Tripura CM`s invitation
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the invitation of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar to visit the state, official sources said Tuesday.
The Chief Minister called on the President at Rashtrpati Bhavan yesterday and invited him to visit Tripura. The President accepted the invitation saying he would visit the state at his convenience, official sources said.
Sarkar also took up the matter of connectivity with Bangladesh during his parley with Mukherjee, who replied that he would do whatever he could in his present role for improving connectivity with the neighbouring country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!