President arrives in Assam on way to Arunachal Pradesh
Lakhimpur: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here at Lakhimpur in upper Assam this afternoon for his onward journey to neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh for his maiden two-day visit to that state along the Indo-China border.
The President arrived here at the Lilabari airport from Delhi in a special Indian Air Force plane and was received by Revenue Minister Prithvi Majhi on behalf of the Assam government.
Immediately on arrival, Mukherjee boarded a waiting special IAF helicopter for Itanagar along with four other choppers.
The President is scheduled to address a special session of Arunachal Pradesh assembly today in Itanagar and tomorrow he will deliver the convocation address at the Rajiv Gandhi University at Rono Hills, Doimukh, official sources said.
Majhi submitted a memorandum to Mukherjee from the state government for improving the infrastructure facilities at the Lilabari Airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional