President arrives in Assam on way to Arunachal Pradesh
Lakhimpur: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here at Lakhimpur in upper Assam this afternoon for his onward journey to neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh for his maiden two-day visit to that state along the Indo-China border.
The President arrived here at the Lilabari airport from Delhi in a special Indian Air Force plane and was received by Revenue Minister Prithvi Majhi on behalf of the Assam government.
Immediately on arrival, Mukherjee boarded a waiting special IAF helicopter for Itanagar along with four other choppers.
The President is scheduled to address a special session of Arunachal Pradesh assembly today in Itanagar and tomorrow he will deliver the convocation address at the Rajiv Gandhi University at Rono Hills, Doimukh, official sources said.
Majhi submitted a memorandum to Mukherjee from the state government for improving the infrastructure facilities at the Lilabari Airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning