President arrives in Assam on way to Arunachal Pradesh
Lakhimpur: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here at Lakhimpur in upper Assam this afternoon for his onward journey to neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh for his maiden two-day visit to that state along the Indo-China border.
The President arrived here at the Lilabari airport from Delhi in a special Indian Air Force plane and was received by Revenue Minister Prithvi Majhi on behalf of the Assam government.
Immediately on arrival, Mukherjee boarded a waiting special IAF helicopter for Itanagar along with four other choppers.
The President is scheduled to address a special session of Arunachal Pradesh assembly today in Itanagar and tomorrow he will deliver the convocation address at the Rajiv Gandhi University at Rono Hills, Doimukh, official sources said.
Majhi submitted a memorandum to Mukherjee from the state government for improving the infrastructure facilities at the Lilabari Airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice