President Pranab Mukhejee arrives in Nagaland
Kohima: President Pranab Mukhejee arrived here on Saturday on a two-day visit to Nagaland during which he would inaugurate the Hornbill Festival and attend the 50th statehood anniversary celebrations as the chief guest.
The President was received by Governor Ashwani Kumar and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio at the Assam Rifles helipad after arriving by an IAF helicopter.
Mukhejee would visit the World War-II Memorial in the evening and lay a wreath.
He would hold meetings with the Governor, Chief Minister and his ministers at the Raj Bhavan.
After staying the night at Raj Bhavan, the President would inaugurate the 10-day Hornbill Festival and join anniversary celebrations of the state at the Naga Heritage Village Kisama, 12 km from here tomorrow.
The Hornbill Festival is one of the biggest cultural extravaganzas in the North East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you