President Pranab Mukhejee arrives in Nagaland
Kohima: President Pranab Mukhejee arrived here on Saturday on a two-day visit to Nagaland during which he would inaugurate the Hornbill Festival and attend the 50th statehood anniversary celebrations as the chief guest.
The President was received by Governor Ashwani Kumar and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio at the Assam Rifles helipad after arriving by an IAF helicopter.
Mukhejee would visit the World War-II Memorial in the evening and lay a wreath.
He would hold meetings with the Governor, Chief Minister and his ministers at the Raj Bhavan.
After staying the night at Raj Bhavan, the President would inaugurate the 10-day Hornbill Festival and join anniversary celebrations of the state at the Naga Heritage Village Kisama, 12 km from here tomorrow.
The Hornbill Festival is one of the biggest cultural extravaganzas in the North East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan