President to inaugurate Tripura power plant
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee would inaugurate the 726.6 MG watt gas based thermal project at Palatana in Tripura`s Gomati district on June 21, official sources said on Sunday.
The Rs 9000 crore project set up by ONGC?Tripura Power Corporation (OTPC) would produce 363.3 MW in the first phase, Power Minister Manik Dey said.
The plant started trial run yesterday and full scale generation is likely to be started in July.
"It started producing 115 MW and within 15 days 363.3 MG watt power would be produced," he told a news agency.
Four North-Eastern states - Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Manipur - would buy power from the Palatana power plant.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had laid the foundation stone of the project in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre