President`s three-day visit to Sikkim, Manipur begins today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will visit the northeastern states of Manipur and Sikkim on a three-day tour beginning April 15, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhawan said on Sunday.
In Manipur, the President will attend the diamond jubilee function of Adimjati Shiksha Ashram at Imphal where he will inaugurate the SC/ST girls hostel and also lay the foundation stone for a working women`s hostel and a tribal boys` hostel.
In Sikkim, he will inaugurate the Siddeshwara Dham, at Solophok, in Namchi and dedicate it to the nation. He will also lay the foundation stone for the Sikkim University at Yangang, in south Sikkim.
The President will return to Delhi April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi