Prez poll: NPCC urges NPF to back Mukherjee
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress has appealed to Naga People Front (NPF) legislators and MPs to support UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
NPCC President Imtisungit Jamir, in a statement here said, since NPF was extending outside support to the UPA government at the Centre which had been giving generous development funds to the state, it would be in the fitness of things to support Mukherjee.
"Let us be part of the winning team by giving him a thumping majority," the NPCC president said.
NPF, with its 42 MLAs and two MPs, is yet to officially announce its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?