Prez poll: NPCC urges NPF to back Mukherjee
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress has appealed to Naga People Front (NPF) legislators and MPs to support UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President.
NPCC President Imtisungit Jamir, in a statement here said, since NPF was extending outside support to the UPA government at the Centre which had been giving generous development funds to the state, it would be in the fitness of things to support Mukherjee.
"Let us be part of the winning team by giving him a thumping majority," the NPCC president said.
NPF, with its 42 MLAs and two MPs, is yet to officially announce its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog