Price rise due to corruption: Advani
Dibrugarh (Assam): BJP leader L K Advani
on Thursday said "large-scale corruption" in the UPA government at
the Centre has led to unprecedented price rise which has hit
the common man hard.
"Remember price rise is not due to economic
mismanagement but corruption," Advani said addressing an
election rally here.
Asserting that he has never seen a government "as
corrupt as the present one at the Centre", Advani who is on
campaign trail in the state, said, "If Prime Minister Dr
Manmohan Singh is not corrupt then why he is leading a corrupt
Giving the examples of Gujarat and Bihar, the BJP
leader said development in these states could happen because
of a corruption-free government.
"Voting power is not only to show respect to democracy
but to punish a corrupt government", Advani told the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional