Price rise due to corruption: Advani
Dibrugarh (Assam): BJP leader L K Advani
on Thursday said "large-scale corruption" in the UPA government at
the Centre has led to unprecedented price rise which has hit
the common man hard.
"Remember price rise is not due to economic
mismanagement but corruption," Advani said addressing an
election rally here.
Asserting that he has never seen a government "as
corrupt as the present one at the Centre", Advani who is on
campaign trail in the state, said, "If Prime Minister Dr
Manmohan Singh is not corrupt then why he is leading a corrupt
Giving the examples of Gujarat and Bihar, the BJP
leader said development in these states could happen because
of a corruption-free government.
"Voting power is not only to show respect to democracy
but to punish a corrupt government", Advani told the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore