Priest favours encouragement for HIV/AIDS sufferers
Shillong: Director of Don Bosco Youth
Centre Father Joseph Cilia today said supporting and
encouraging people suffering from HIV/AIDS would help them to
live a positive and long life.
"Efforts should be made to remove the stigma and
discrimination against people suffering with HIV/AIDS," Cilia
said when speaking at a function on the occasion of
International AIDS Candlelight Memorial-2010 organised by
Meghalaya AIDS Control Society (MACS).
Cilia told the gathering about one HIV sufferer who
tried to commit suicide for lack of encouragement while
another international basketball player was living happily for
encouragement, support and acceptance from the society.
Speakers stressed on the importance to teach the
affected people to learn how to live happily with the virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway