Priest favours encouragement for HIV/AIDS sufferers
Shillong: Director of Don Bosco Youth
Centre Father Joseph Cilia today said supporting and
encouraging people suffering from HIV/AIDS would help them to
live a positive and long life.
"Efforts should be made to remove the stigma and
discrimination against people suffering with HIV/AIDS," Cilia
said when speaking at a function on the occasion of
International AIDS Candlelight Memorial-2010 organised by
Meghalaya AIDS Control Society (MACS).
Cilia told the gathering about one HIV sufferer who
tried to commit suicide for lack of encouragement while
another international basketball player was living happily for
encouragement, support and acceptance from the society.
Speakers stressed on the importance to teach the
affected people to learn how to live happily with the virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends