Priest favours encouragement for HIV/AIDS sufferers
Shillong: Director of Don Bosco Youth
Centre Father Joseph Cilia today said supporting and
encouraging people suffering from HIV/AIDS would help them to
live a positive and long life.
"Efforts should be made to remove the stigma and
discrimination against people suffering with HIV/AIDS," Cilia
said when speaking at a function on the occasion of
International AIDS Candlelight Memorial-2010 organised by
Meghalaya AIDS Control Society (MACS).
Cilia told the gathering about one HIV sufferer who
tried to commit suicide for lack of encouragement while
another international basketball player was living happily for
encouragement, support and acceptance from the society.
Speakers stressed on the importance to teach the
affected people to learn how to live happily with the virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'