Priest favours encouragement for HIV/AIDS sufferers
Shillong: Director of Don Bosco Youth
Centre Father Joseph Cilia today said supporting and
encouraging people suffering from HIV/AIDS would help them to
live a positive and long life.
"Efforts should be made to remove the stigma and
discrimination against people suffering with HIV/AIDS," Cilia
said when speaking at a function on the occasion of
International AIDS Candlelight Memorial-2010 organised by
Meghalaya AIDS Control Society (MACS).
Cilia told the gathering about one HIV sufferer who
tried to commit suicide for lack of encouragement while
another international basketball player was living happily for
encouragement, support and acceptance from the society.
Speakers stressed on the importance to teach the
affected people to learn how to live happily with the virus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living