Prime suspect in drug smuggling case held in Mizoram
Aizawl: Alleged mastermind in the massive smuggling of pseudo-ephedrine from India to Myanmar, Tlangchungnunga has been arrested at the Lengpui Airport by the Mizoram Police.
While no drug was seized from his possession, a number of documents, including suspected fake documents, were seized by the Airport security personnel from Tlangchungnunga here last night.
Tlangchungnunga, alias Pa Tlanga, who claimed to be a Pastor in the Mizo Christian Fellowship in Delhi and knowing Mizo language, is suspected to be a Myanmarese national.
Police said that when he was arrested, he threw away a small bag which was recovered and found to be containing a number of documents, including those printed in Myanmarese language.
He was wanted by the Police in Mizoram-Myanmar border Champhai, who suspected that he was the mastermind behind an organised trafficking of pseudo-ephedrine to Myanmar via Mizoram.
Pseudo-ephedrine is a precursor for illicit manufacturing of drugs like Metamphetamine.
"He was operating from Delhi to smuggle huge quantity of pseudo-ephedrine to Myanmar," a senior Police official said, adding that Pa Tlanga was booked under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 and would be sent to Champhai Police Station.
Crores of rupees worth pseudo-ephedrine tablets intended to have been smuggled to Myanmar were seized by a number of enforcement agencies including the state police, excise and narcotics department officials and customs officials during the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore