Pro-talk ULFA faction meets IB official
Guwahati: The pro-talk faction of ULFA`s
28 Battalion held talks with a Central representative
for the first time, raising hopes for negotiations with the
banned group fighting for a separate state.
Pro-talk leader Mrinal Hazarika told reporters that
initial parleys were held with Additional Director of
Intelligence Bureau R N Ravi here.
"We told the senior officer to ensure that the
dialogue process be speeded up and our demands discussed to
reach a political solution to our problems," Hazarika said.
The meeting was held at an undisclosed location with
the government officials refusing to provide details.
There was no representative of the state government in
the meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad