Probe on against NIT-Agartala chief: Official
Agartala: The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has begun a probe against the director of the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala, after he was charged with corruption, an official said on Saturday.
"Many complaints were registered with the CVC against the NIT-Agartala director Prabir Kumar Bose for irregularities in construction work and recruitment in the institute," an NIT official said.
The official, who did not wish to be named, said the CVC has registered a case against Bose and initiated the probe.
Bose, whose tenure will expire on August 18, is the first permanent director of the NIT-Agartala, which was elevated to the status of a national institute in 2006.
The institution is ranked 10th among the 33 NITs in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living