Procession demanding resumption of peace talks
Aizawl: People belonging to different political parties on Thursday took out `peace processions` in three villages in the north eastern part of Mizoram adjoining Manipur demanding resumption of peace talks between the state government and the Manipur`s Hmar People`s Convention -Democrats (HPC-D) militants to find a lasting solution to Hmar problem.
Police said, that the procession, organised by all the political parties in the Hmar inhabited area, was organised at Sakawrdai, Suangpuilawn and Saiphai villages, all in Aizawl district.
Earlier the talks held on November 11 last year culminated into signing of bilateral Suspension of Operations (SoO) for six months, but the SoO was never extended as both the Mizoram government and the HPC-D began accusing each other on different issues.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, on July 27 had informed the state assembly that the outfit has already signed SoO with the Centre and it was no longer fit for the state government to resume peace talks with the Hmar group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip