Procession demanding resumption of peace talks
Aizawl: People belonging to different political parties on Thursday took out `peace processions` in three villages in the north eastern part of Mizoram adjoining Manipur demanding resumption of peace talks between the state government and the Manipur`s Hmar People`s Convention -Democrats (HPC-D) militants to find a lasting solution to Hmar problem.
Police said, that the procession, organised by all the political parties in the Hmar inhabited area, was organised at Sakawrdai, Suangpuilawn and Saiphai villages, all in Aizawl district.
Earlier the talks held on November 11 last year culminated into signing of bilateral Suspension of Operations (SoO) for six months, but the SoO was never extended as both the Mizoram government and the HPC-D began accusing each other on different issues.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, on July 27 had informed the state assembly that the outfit has already signed SoO with the Centre and it was no longer fit for the state government to resume peace talks with the Hmar group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out