Procession demanding resumption of peace talks
Aizawl: People belonging to different political parties on Thursday took out `peace processions` in three villages in the north eastern part of Mizoram adjoining Manipur demanding resumption of peace talks between the state government and the Manipur`s Hmar People`s Convention -Democrats (HPC-D) militants to find a lasting solution to Hmar problem.
Police said, that the procession, organised by all the political parties in the Hmar inhabited area, was organised at Sakawrdai, Suangpuilawn and Saiphai villages, all in Aizawl district.
Earlier the talks held on November 11 last year culminated into signing of bilateral Suspension of Operations (SoO) for six months, but the SoO was never extended as both the Mizoram government and the HPC-D began accusing each other on different issues.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, on July 27 had informed the state assembly that the outfit has already signed SoO with the Centre and it was no longer fit for the state government to resume peace talks with the Hmar group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad