Prohibitory orders imposed in Manipur district
Imphal: Prohibitory orders under section 144 Crpc preventing gathering of five or more persons were imposed in Imphal West district of Manipur, official sources said Friday.
The Imphal West district magistrate K Radhakumar in his notification yesterday said prohibitory orders were issued to prevent any breach of peace, disturbance to public
tranquility and grave danger to human lives and properties.
The prohibitory order was imposed following reports that some social organisations were planning to take out processions, demonstrations and other type of agitations.
Reports from the districts said many civil social organisations were `extremely unhappy` with the present situation in the state following two-month long economic blockade on national highways 39 (Imphal-Dimapur) and 53 (Imphal-Silchar) by some Naga organisations in protest against the elections to the autonomous district councils in hill areas.
The two-phase elections ended on June 2 last in Ukhrul, Tamenglong, Senapati, Chandel, Churachandpur and Sadar Hills districts, reports said adding that civil organisations were
also not happy with NSCN (I-M) general secretary Th. Muivah`s attempt to enter Manipur which they (organisations) thought was an attempt to break up Manipur. But Naga organizations said they would welcome Muivah in Manipur, reports added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket