Puducherry Chief Secretary transferred to Mizoram
Puducherry: Chief Secretary to Puducherry government M Sathiavathy has been transferred to Mizoram.
Official sources said today that an order transferring her with immediate effect was received from the Union Home Ministry today.
Asked who would be her successor, the sources said nothing could be said as of now and that the order had only stated that she had been transferred.
Sathiavathy an IAS officer of 1982 batch and belonging to AGMU cadre (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and other Union Territories) was posted as Chief Secretary here in Aug 2011.
AGMU cadre is the category from which IAS officers are deployed to Union Territories, including PUducherry by the Home Ministry which has the overall authority on posting of the officials.
The Secretary to Finance Rajiv Yadhuvanshi a senior IAS officer belonging to 1989 batch and is second in the the administrative hierarchy was sought to be moved to the post of Industries and Commerce while Secretary to Tourism department W V R Moorthy was proposed to be Finance Secretary.
This created a furore and the Jan 10 order to shift Yadhuvanshi to Industries and Commerce was declared null and void by the Home Ministry and Yadhuvanshi received an order restoring the finance portfolio to him.
The Ministry also sent a communication directing the government to ensure there is no shuffling of Yadhuvanshi.
Sathiavathy had earlier served Puducherry some years ago as Secretary to Welfare and she was posted as Chief Secretary here after being relieved of the post of Chairperson of Mysore Silk Board in August 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert