Rahul assures early solution to Naga problem
Kohima: AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi today assured of an early solution to the decades old Naga problem, which would be `honourable and acceptable` to all sections of the people.
The UPA government at the Centre is sincere towards resolving the Naga political issue. "The UPA government will try all avenues to find a settlement to the Naga issue at the earliest so that peace can be ushered in the state for all round development," he told public rallies in Mon and Tuensang.
Lashing out at the Naga Peoples Front(NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland(DAN) government for failing to deliver in the past 10 years of its regime, Gandhi said that enough funds had been pumped in the state for development, but nothing has been done and funds were pocketed by the people in power.
He urged the people to vote for the Congress and see the changes it brings to the people.
The future of the Naga people is bleak due to rampant corruption and bad governance by the DAN government and their present `pathetic condition` is due to the governance of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, he said.
Backward districts need more development, he said and claimed that Rio had developed the backward areas "only through papers and lip-services."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read