Rahul assures early solution to Naga problem
Kohima: AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi today assured of an early solution to the decades old Naga problem, which would be `honourable and acceptable` to all sections of the people.
The UPA government at the Centre is sincere towards resolving the Naga political issue. "The UPA government will try all avenues to find a settlement to the Naga issue at the earliest so that peace can be ushered in the state for all round development," he told public rallies in Mon and Tuensang.
Lashing out at the Naga Peoples Front(NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland(DAN) government for failing to deliver in the past 10 years of its regime, Gandhi said that enough funds had been pumped in the state for development, but nothing has been done and funds were pocketed by the people in power.
He urged the people to vote for the Congress and see the changes it brings to the people.
The future of the Naga people is bleak due to rampant corruption and bad governance by the DAN government and their present `pathetic condition` is due to the governance of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, he said.
Backward districts need more development, he said and claimed that Rio had developed the backward areas "only through papers and lip-services."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar