Rahul Gandhi to visit Meghalaya CM`s constituency
Shillong: Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul
Sangma`s constituency on Wednesday where he will kick-off an
Youth Congress membership drive.
Congress Working Committee member in charge of
Meghalaya Dhaniram Shandil and AICC secretary Sanjay Bapna
today met senior state party leaders to discuss Gandhi`s visit
and also to prepare the party`s action plan for the state
assembly elections slated for 2013.
Today`s meeting was attended by all senior state
leaders, including Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and Union
Minister of State Vincent Pala.
Talking to reporters, Shandil said they were here to
oversee Gandhi`s visit to Ampati constituency in Garo hills
and prepare the roadmap for 2013 assembly elections.
Shandil said the party would form a Steering Committee
that would appoint observers at district and block levels.
These observers will visit constituencies and select
Showering praises on Sangma, he said, "The young CM is
providing yeoman service to State. Efforts were on to make
Meghalaya a model state."
The party also decided to send representatives to
villages and educate people on the achievement and schemes
initiated for them by the UPA I &II and also by the state
government, Bapna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie