Rail drivers abducted by stopping train in Assam
Hailakandi: Suspected Reang militants abducted two drivers of a train after stopping it at
Ramnathpur in Hailakandi district bordering Mizoram early Friday, police said.
The militants kidnapped the driver and assistant driver of a passenger train on its way from Badarpur in Karimganj district to Bhairavi in Mizoram, they said.
The driver was identified as Tarun Kumar Bhattacharjee and the assistant driver as SK Sarmah.
Police along with Army and CRPF personnel launched an operation to trace the two men.
Efforts were on to run the train by sending new drivers at the spot, railway sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Shiv Sena backs Bajrang Dal, says 'take arms to fight terrorism'
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday
- Controversial BJP MLA targets Nehru-Gandhi family, asks govt to bring down statues named after them