Rail drivers abducted by stopping train in Assam
Hailakandi: Suspected Reang militants abducted two drivers of a train after stopping it at
Ramnathpur in Hailakandi district bordering Mizoram early Friday, police said.
The militants kidnapped the driver and assistant driver of a passenger train on its way from Badarpur in Karimganj district to Bhairavi in Mizoram, they said.
The driver was identified as Tarun Kumar Bhattacharjee and the assistant driver as SK Sarmah.
Police along with Army and CRPF personnel launched an operation to trace the two men.
Efforts were on to run the train by sending new drivers at the spot, railway sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates