Rail drivers abducted by stopping train in Assam
Hailakandi: Suspected Reang militants abducted two drivers of a train after stopping it at
Ramnathpur in Hailakandi district bordering Mizoram early Friday, police said.
The militants kidnapped the driver and assistant driver of a passenger train on its way from Badarpur in Karimganj district to Bhairavi in Mizoram, they said.
The driver was identified as Tarun Kumar Bhattacharjee and the assistant driver as SK Sarmah.
Police along with Army and CRPF personnel launched an operation to trace the two men.
Efforts were on to run the train by sending new drivers at the spot, railway sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users