Rain, storm lash 2 Tripura districts; 2 dead
Agartala: Two persons including a teenaged girl died and many houses collapsed and over 200 people were displaced from homes after a cyclone, accompanied by hail storms, lashed two districts of Tripura, official sources said on Friday.
A 16-year old girl was killed and her younger brother injured when lightning struck at Barpathari village in South Tripura district yesterday when they had gone to collect mangoes.
A farmer also also killed in lightning strike at Kachucherra village in Dhalai district yesterday when he had gone out to bring back his cow.
The cow was also killed.
At least 100 houses collapsed due to the rain and storm during the past two days while many farmlands were submerged, the sources said adding chances of heavy crop loss was imminent.
More than 200 people were rendered homeless in Kamalpur subdivision of Dhalai district and took shelter in government buildings, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack