Rain, storm lash 2 Tripura districts; 2 dead
Agartala: Two persons including a teenaged girl died and many houses collapsed and over 200 people were displaced from homes after a cyclone, accompanied by hail storms, lashed two districts of Tripura, official sources said on Friday.
A 16-year old girl was killed and her younger brother injured when lightning struck at Barpathari village in South Tripura district yesterday when they had gone to collect mangoes.
A farmer also also killed in lightning strike at Kachucherra village in Dhalai district yesterday when he had gone out to bring back his cow.
The cow was also killed.
At least 100 houses collapsed due to the rain and storm during the past two days while many farmlands were submerged, the sources said adding chances of heavy crop loss was imminent.
More than 200 people were rendered homeless in Kamalpur subdivision of Dhalai district and took shelter in government buildings, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?