Rain, storm lash 2 Tripura districts; 2 dead
Agartala: Two persons including a teenaged girl died and many houses collapsed and over 200 people were displaced from homes after a cyclone, accompanied by hail storms, lashed two districts of Tripura, official sources said on Friday.
A 16-year old girl was killed and her younger brother injured when lightning struck at Barpathari village in South Tripura district yesterday when they had gone to collect mangoes.
A farmer also also killed in lightning strike at Kachucherra village in Dhalai district yesterday when he had gone out to bring back his cow.
The cow was also killed.
At least 100 houses collapsed due to the rain and storm during the past two days while many farmlands were submerged, the sources said adding chances of heavy crop loss was imminent.
More than 200 people were rendered homeless in Kamalpur subdivision of Dhalai district and took shelter in government buildings, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali