Rajiv Gandhi University Vice-Chancellor resigns
Itanagar: The vice-chancellor of Rajiv Gandhi
University here Prof K C Belliappa has resigned after a fact
finding committee found of guilty of sending a "lewd" email to
a senior faculty member of the varsity.
Belliappa has sent his resignation to President Pratibha
Patil on December 31, which has been accepted by Patil, the
Visitor of the Central varsity with immediate effect, official
sources said on Saturday.
The fact-finding committee constituted by the Union HRD
ministry to probe the charges levelled against Belliappa had
found evidence that he had actually sent an email with "lewd
and objectionable content" to a senior faculty member, the
The fact-finding exercise was conducted by a single-member
committee of former bureaucrat M P Bezbaruah to probe
allegations of misconduct against Belliappa. Bezbaruah had
submitted his report to the Union Human Resource Ministry in
The associate professor had filed an FIR against Belliappa
in Itanagar on April 3 last year, in which she also alleged
that someone had hacked her email account and sent
"objectionable" messages to Belliappa and 20 others.
Belliappa had earlier said he had received an email from
the woman professor and had replied to it.
Belliapa was arrested by the Special Investigating Team of
the state police following an FIR lodged by the associate
professor accusing him of sending `objectionable` email that
reportedly purports to internet crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!